Why is it so important to make your bed? (Blog #4)

   Why is it so important to make your bed? I mean, it feels like a stupid question, but have you ever really thought about it? It seems like something so small and dismissible that it shouldn't have any effect on us whether we make it or not, right? Well, this simply could not be further from the truth! Making your bed has been statistically proven to help improve your life in a multitude of ways. Now you may be asking yourself, "how can making my bed possibly effect my life?", and this is a completely fair response. Some of the many ways making your bed improves your life is by starting a day with a success, encouraging a clean environment, and just overall improving your mood!



   To be fair, I must admit that when I first heard of these benefits, I was extremely skeptical. However, according to Hunch.com, 79% of people that make their beds consider themselves to be happy. As to why this many people feel happy about making their bed is unknown, but we can definitely make an educated guess as to why. We know that being disciplined is a good thing, and there is nothing more disciplined than waking up groggy and still making your bed. I feel that this is probably the main reason 79% of people are happy making their beds. As Admiral William H. McRaven puts it, "If you make your bed every morning, you would have accomplished the first task of the day". Furthermore, according to the same survey done by Hunch.com, 59% of Americans do not make their beds in the morning. That is over 150 million people missing out on this potential happiness! It is irrefutable at this point as to if making our beds will improve our lives, now the only question is why are you not?



   Overall, making our beds may seem like something insignificant and bothersome, but as you can see there is proven benefits to doing this tedious task. We should be making our beds so that we can become disciplined and "start our day with a success". There is only the possibility to reap rewards from this simple task. So now when you ask yourself if making your bed is worth it, I hope you can now answer that question with the previously stated benefits. I know that I will pursue this achievable goal. Will you be able to say the same?

Comments

  1. I totally agree with the point made of making your bed every morning can improve your mood. In my experience when I make my bed I feel like I have accomplished something even if it is small but it's a small and positive way to start off my day. The rewarding feeling I get after doing such a small task makes it feel more worth it and fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved reading through this post, and honestly, it has inspired me to start making my bed in the morning. While the evidence seems compelling, I wonder if the 79% of people who consider themselves happy are because they make their bed. Or if it is just the type of people who make their bed every morning are happier because of their lives overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can admit I am someone who doesn't make his bed. However, reading your article has peaked my interest on whether this is actually true or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting topic and well developed for a self-generated entry. And so, have you stuck with making your bed?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Why Everyone Should Learn An Instrument! (Blog #1)

Will A.I. Eventually Take Over The Workforce? (Blog #2)