Will A.I. Eventually Take Over The Workforce? (Blog #2)

    What impact will A.I. have on the workforce in 20 years? 20 years ago, A.I. was only a concept in science fiction and no one really gave it too much thought, but now A.I. is becoming an extremely valuable and well known thing.  For example, "Chat GPT" has become a very controversial topic in recent years. This is because students have been using it to "cheat" on essays and writing assignments. However, I feel that this is just the beginning of A.I.. I think A.I. will eventually have the ability to replace a lot of careers in the near future, and honestly that sounds quite scary. Yet on the bright side, I also feel it is possible for A.I. to create new and innovative jobs as well!



    According to a survey that Harvard did, 52% of "5,700 Harvard Business School alumni" said that companies are less likely to hire people 3 years from now. This is assumed to be because of A.I.. I think that the argument that A.I. is going to have a massive effect on the work force is irrefutable at this point. Now, the only question is how it will be affected. One of the main places I personally think that A.I. is going to have a major impact in is stocks. For a while now, A.I. has been used to make educated guesses about when and how stocks will fluctuate. Now imagine how powerful this will become 10 years from now if A.I. progresses at the same rate it has in the past 10 years. A.I. will easily become a tool worth billions of dollars and the best stock trading companies will be fighting for who will have the better A.I.. On the contrary though, A.I. definitely will have some upsides. One way I feel A.I. will become effective in helping people is in medicine. While I am not quite sure how, I feel like one way this is going to be done is by having extremely accurate diagnosis without the need for a doctor. Which could also help poorer and less fortunate communities around the world.



   All in all, A.I. is going to change the world, and the first place it is going to change is the workforce. Whether this impact is positive or negative is yet to be determined. We can all only hope it will be positive. However, an important question now that we know this, is how are we going to prepare for the negative side of A.I.? A possible solution is to try and develop skills that A.I. will have a difficult time replacing. For an example, we will always need soldiers and doctors no matter how advanced A.I. gets. As humans we naturally fear the unknown, and I feel like A.I. is a great example of this. So perhaps the more we learn about it through time, the less scary and ambiguous it will become. However, only time will tell.

Comments

  1. I agree that the A.Is are getting scarier and smarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly something crazy to think about, AI is evolving very fast. I agree that only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AI can be very useful in the future, but it's also scary. Also we will never know how AI will impact us until we have it, but there is studies to give us information on how it can potentially affect us. Overall, it a huge topic that will have a huge effect on us, hopefully it doesn't happen anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Why Everyone Should Learn An Instrument! (Blog #1)

Why is it so important to make your bed? (Blog #4)